sobota 16. března 2013

14. for - pro, po (dobu)

For - pro, po (nějakou dobu) - předložka.
Bye for now. Zatím na shledanou.
It's time for ... Je čas na ...
See for yourselves. Posuďte sami.
I am sorry for you. Lituji vás.
What is it good for? K čemu to je dobré?
Who do you work for? Pro koho pracuješ?
Say a prayer for me. Pomodli se za mě.
Let's go for a walk. Pojďme se projít.
She did that for me. Udělala to kvůli mě.
Thanks for the help. Děkuji za pomoc.
Say hi to him for me. Pozdravuj ho ode mne.
He stopped by for me. Přijel za mnou.
Then he left for work. Pak odešel do práce.
Get it ready for them. Připrav to pro ně.
Is it possible for you? Můžete?
What is he looking for? Co hledá?
I must go for shopping. Musím jít nakupovat.
Will you hold it for me? Podržíte mi to?
Who are you waiting for? Na koho čekáte?
Do you still care for me? Stojíš ještě o mě?
Not so fast! Wait for me! Ne tak rychle! Počkej/te na mě!
She might pay for dinner. Může zaplatit večeři.
I can't wait for holidays! Nemůžu se dočkat prázdnin!
She went out for a minute. Šla na chviličku ven.
That's easy for you to say. To se ti lehce řekne.
What does she want this for? Na co to potřebuje?
I did it for him to make it. Udělal jsem to, aby to zvládl.
He was sent there for a day. Poslali ho sem na den.
I haven't seen you for ages. Neviděl jsem vás hrozně dlouho.
I'm for general disarmament. Jsem pro všeobecné odzbrojení.
We are studing for the exam. Učíme se na tu zkoušku.
What will you have for lunch? Co si dáš k obědu?
He felt around for the torch. Šátral kolem sebe po baterce.
I haven't seen you for weeks. Neviděl jsem vás několik týdnů.
She was late for the meeting. Na schůzi přišla pozdě.
That is a container for kvas. To je nádoba na kvas.
There's nothing for me to do. Nemám, co dělat.
What are we having for dinner? Co máme k večeři?
Would you care for some juice? Dáte si džus?
I can't wait for them to come. Už aby tu byli.
He drove to Moscow for a week. Jel na týden do Moskvy.
He went for (to get) gasoline. Jel pro benzín.
Do you care for it? – Too much. Stojíš o to? – Strašně moc.
One must have time for oneself. Člověk musí mít na sebe čas.
Are you here for the first time? Jste tady poprvé?
How long have you been here for? Jak dlouho už tu jste?
I will have it tomorrow for you. Budu to pro vás mít zítra.
I often have eggs for breakfast. Často mívám vejce na snídani.
We have been here for six weeks. Byli jsme tu šest týdnů.
Could you do the shopping for me? Můžeš mi nakoupit?
Let's go for a swim in the river. Pojďme si zaplavat do řeky.
I waited for you for half an hour. Čekal jsem na tebe hodinu a půl.
How much do you want for your car? Kolik chceš za svoje auto?
What does the future hold for you? Co ti přinese budoucnost?
He came to London to loo for work. Přijel do Londýna hledat práci.
He has lived here for seven years. Žil tady sedm let.
She went out for (to get) a paper. Šla ven pro noviny.
We have been eating for two hours! Jedli jsme dvě hodiny!
We haven't been studying for long. Dlouho jsme nestudovali.
We stopped at the pub for a drink. Zastavili jsem se v hospodě na drink.
You can ask the doctor for advice. Můžeš požádat lékaře o radu.
The disease may not show for years. Nemoc se (třeba) nemusí po několik let projevit.
He looked for love on the internet. Hledá lásku na internetu.
He was sent to prison for stealing. Poslali ho do vězení za krádež.
I've been a teacher for many years. Byl jsem učitelem mnoho let.
I haven't heard from him for a week. Neozval se mi už týden.
This book is not meant for children. Tahle kniha není určená dětem.
He has been working for three hours. Pracuje už tři hodiny.
He usually has coffee for breakfast. Obvykle má k snídani kávu.
I´m angry with you for waking me up. Zlobím se na tebe za to, že jsi mě probudil.
Have you worked here for a long time? Pracujete tady už dlouho?
He repeated it for her to understand. Zopakoval to, aby to pochopila.
He swapped his text for a dictionary. Vyměnil učebci za slovník.
I’ve been learning English for years. Učím se anglicky roky.
It´s time for everybody to go to bed. Je čas, aby šli všichni do postele.
I've been writing for thirty minutes. Psal jsem třicet minut.
I've worked at this job for 10 years. Dělal jsem tuto práci 10 let.
She drove to the country for a month. Jela na měsíc do venkov.
They have known each other for years. Znají se už roky.
Tom paid for the vacation last month. Tom zaplatil za dovolenou minulý měsíc.
We often have guests over for dinner. Často míváme hosty na večeři.
There's nothing for us to think about. Není o čem přemýšlet.
We go away for two weeks every summer. Každé léto jsme pryč dva týdny.
He will have to account for his action. Bude se za svůj čin muset zodpovídat.
I haven't been to the theatre for ages. Nebyl jsem v divadle už léta.
I think he will buy a present for Mary. Myslím, že koupí dárek pro Marii.
Ivan went to the library for two hours. Ivan šel na dvě hodiny do knihovny.
Lucy´s coming for a drink this evening. Lucie přijde dnes večer na drink.
That shelf is too high for me to reach. Ta police je příliš vysoká na to, abych na ni dosáhla.
These shoes were specially made for me. Tyto boty byly vyrobeny speciálně pro mě.
I left for work early yesterday morning. Odešel jsem do práce včera brzo ráno.
Tea is made for breakfast every morning. Každé ráno je připraven čaj k snídani.
We're collecting food for needy children. Sbíráme potraviny pro děti v nouzi.
Mary is going to be late for the meeting. Mary přijde na meeting později.
That house has been empty for nine month. Tento dům je prázdný už devět měsíců.
The man was grateful for the good advice. Muž byl vděčný za dobrou radu.
It was necessary for them to come in time. Bylo nutné, aby přišli včas.
Peter's been playing tennis for two hours. Petr hraje tenis už dvě hodiny.
Shirley has played tennis for a long time. Shirley hraje tenis už dlouho.
We are grateful to you for helping us out. Jsem vám vděčný za pomoc.
What are we going to have for dinner today? Co máme dnes k obědu?
I´m sorry, I mistook you for somebody else. Promiňte, spletl jsem si vás s někým jiným.
My sister lived in Ann’s house for 7 years. Moje sestra žile v Annině domě sedm let.
Do you already have plans for this week-end? Už máš plány na tento víkend?
Alice had a shower before she left for work. Alice se osprchovala, než odešla do práce.
The doctor said it was fine for me to drive. Doktor říkal, že můžu řídit.
We´re staying here for another three months. Zůstaneme tu ještě tři měsíce.
The letters might not have been meant for me. Ty dopisy nemusely být (vůbec) určeny mně.
I've been learning it for almost three years. Učím se skoro tři roky.
This toy is suitable for the twos and threes. Tato hračka se hodí pro dvou a tříleté děti.
He will have to remain in hospital for a week. Bude muset týden zůstat v nemocnici.
It took twenty minutes for the smoke to clear. Trvalo dvacet minut, než se kouř rozptýlil.
A new director has been found for the position. Nový ředitel na tuto pozici byl nalezen.
For all her sensitivity, she's extremely tough. Přes všechnu svou citlivost je neobyčejně tvrdá.
I gave her the roses that I had bought for her. Dal jsem jí růže, které jsem pro ni koupil.
I studied the guitar for three years at school. Učil jsem se hrát na kytaru tři roky ve škole.
To wait for people who were late made him angry. Rozčilovalo ho čekat na lidi, kteří měli zpoždění.
He's tired. Has he been studying for a long time? Je unavený. Učil se dlouho?
Stop it or I won't be responsible for my actions! Nech toho, nebo se neznám!
I usually leave for work at seven in the morning. Obvykle odcházím do práce v sedm hodin ráno.
My boss will be in Germany for the next ten days. Můj šéf bude příštích deset dní v Německu.
She left before I could ask for her phone number. Odešla dřív, než jsem ji mohl požádat o telefonní číslo.
She went around to many shops, looking for books. Prošla mnoho obchodů a hledala knihy.
Ther´s enough paint for 20 square metres of wall. Je to dostatek barvy na 20 metrů čtverečních zdi.
It rained during the night for two or three hours. V noci dvě nebo tři hodiny pršelo.
Is it usual for foxes to come so close to the town? Je obvyklé, aby lišky přicházely tak blízko k městu?
The way you organise the work is for you to decide. Je na tvém rozhodnutí, jak si práci zorganizuješ.
I spent one thousand crowns for such a stupid thing! Tisíc korun jsem utratil za takovou hloupost!
We're hoping for Anne to come up with some new ideas. Očekáváme, že Anna přijde s nějakými novými nápady.
These words are maybe hard for you but they are true.  Možná jsou to pro vás tvrdá slova, ale jsou pravdivá
I'll give an answer, even if I don't know it for sure. Odpovím, i když to nebudu vědět jistě.
The teacher is going to buy the books for the children. Učitel jde koupit knihy pro děti.
We're hoping for a lot of rain - the garden's very dry. Doufáme, že pořádně zaprší, zahrada je hodně suchá.
Andy gave his daughter a bicycle for her birthday last week. Andy dal kolo své dceři minulý týden jako dárek k narozeninám.
There are too many paople here for me to talk to all of them. Je tu příliš mnoho lidí, než abych mohl mluvit s každým.
Masha is up the tree, and Yanko is waiting for her down below. Máša je na stromě a Janko na ni čeká dole.
There are several graphic organizers available for you to use. Existuje několik grafických organizátorů, které můžete použít.
She wasn't happy in her current position so she looked for a new job. Nebyla spokojená se svou současnou pozicí, tak hledala novou práci.
I've been meaning to write you for a long time but I forgot your address. Už dávno jsem ti chtěl napsat, ale zapomněl jsem adresu.
How long have you been learning English? I've been learning it for almost three years. Jak dlouho se učíte anglicky? Učím se skoro tři roky.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat